I translate literary texts from Spanish into English, and from English into Spanish. Recent work includes:
- Fiction: co-translation of Historia de un canalla, by Julia Navarro (Penguin Random House, 2016)
- Poetry: ‘In Tides’ by Maria Ferenchuhova is published in Structo, issue 15 (February 2016)
- Magazine issue: I guest-edited and translated an issue of UNAM’s Punto de partida on contemporary British poetry (November-December, 2015)
- Poetry collection: Gavia Stellata, by Alexander Hutchison (Mantis Editores, 2015)
- Journalism: a number of articles for The Guardian Mexico City week live
- Poetry: I was commissioned by the British Council to translate a number of poems by Andrew Motion and Helen Mort for their participation at the Guadalajara Book Fair 2015
- Fiction: extract of a novel by Eduardo Montagner Anguiano in México20 (Pushkin Press, 2015)
- Fiction: I worked extensively with Conaculta translating, editing and commissioning translations into English of Mexican authors for the London Book Fair 2015
- Poetry: ‘Ayotzinapa’ by David Huerta is published in Asymptote
- Article: ‘Ayotzinapa’ by Elena Poniatowska is published in Words Without Borders
In May 2015, I took part in an Edwin Morgan Trust / Scottish Poetry Library Slovakian poetry translation workshop, which included an event at the Edinburgh International Book Fair.
I have lead poetry translation workshops for schoolchildren in Scotland, and attended the Stephen Spender Trust Translators in Schools training programme.
I also translate for a range of commercial clients.